One of the builder/owner/drivers of the often ungainly but fast early home-built B.C. specials, Ed A’Court won much of his fame as the founder and operator of the legendary North Vancouver British Car Parts. Ed raced at Bellingham, Abbotsford and Cassidy as well as other stateside events in the early days. Although he raced many cars, he is best remembered for the specials. The first A’Court special was a “rather ancient” MG J2 in which installed a tuned 1700cc Ford Consul and the car went through several body modifications as well. In this car he won the SCCBC club championship in 1955. His second car was the original Pilkey MG Special, into which he dropped the Consul motor as well as modifying the body. Sadly, A’Court died of skin cancer in the late 50s while still a relatively young man. His last car, a Mistral-bodied Pilkey Special, was completed, fitted with a Triumph engine and campaigned successfully by John Nissen.